OpenFlow 1.3 launched
Allan Zimmermann last edited by
I have just published version 1.3 of openflow to app.openiap.io
Here are a few high lights
- Moved from bootstrap to Halfmoon. A more lightweight UI framework that also allows dark mode ( you can toggle it using shift+d )
- Added entity restriction. When creating new objects we can now create rules for who can create what in certain collection and copy permissions
- Added a micro service architecture to openflows back end, for better load balancing of workflow and the option to now prioritize traffic
- Add true multi tenancy ( option to create a customer, and then handle users and roles with in that customer )
- Added reseller options for multi tenancy
- Added a resource broker. Now we can describe a service or resource and let openflow manage that service or resource.
This way people who built their own services on top of openflow can now control what their users/customers have access too and bill after it
- Added a dynamic billing model on top of the Resource broker. Now anyone using the resource broker can use stripe to handle payments for the serviced they added to the resource broker
- Added support for measuring how much database space each user/customer is using, and added a resource control this. ( On app.openiap.io you get 25mb for free after that your account gets dblocked )
- Almost all OpenFlow NodeRED nodes have been updated to use the UI to control overrides instead of depending on "msg." overriding ... This adds a much easier to understand control, but will break alot of existing workflow .. for people who dont want to upgrade an image with the old version of NodeRED has been added to the list of nodered images.